Tomorrow is Valentine’s day! Valentine’s day is a fun, sweet, romantic holiday and I love the idea of making food in the shape of hearts! Especially being a mama to two little girls, I’m all about being creative and festive to celebrate the holiday of love. I’ve never made a heart shaped pizza until now. Today I am here to share a gluten-free heart shaped pizza I made and plan to make again for Valentine’s day! This pizza is perfect to make for Valentine’s day or any day of the year!
I used this gluten free recipe. The crust was very thick, like deep dish crust style. When I make it again I want to try to stretch the batter into two pizzas. I used Bob’s Red Mill All purpose flour.
The recipe is awesome because it is a no-knead. You just use a silicone spatula covered in oil to spread it across the pan. Instead of a typical circle, I made it into a heart shape.
Gluten-free heart shaped pizza
- Follow the crust recipe.
- Spread the dough on pan in a heart shape. Place on parchment paper or a baking mat – I love this Silpat baking mat.
- Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes at 450 degrees F.
- Prepare your toppings – I sauteed onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and spinach. I also used Rao’s marinara sauce to make it easier. It is delicious and we get it at Costco. Grate your cheese, I used mozzarella.
- Place sauce, cheese and toppings on pizza and bake an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Enjoy your gluten-free heart shaped pizza!
I hope you enjoyed this gluten-free heart shaped pizza and hope you give it a try!XO,